A website audit is the process of fully analyzing the products from a manufacturer, listed on a retail site or a marketplace. Website audit is an essential part of an ecommerce business. It helps in getting an overview regarding the performance of the business as well as a detailed idea on the issues related to it. Performing an audit is essential whether it is on your website or on any marketplace to present the products in the most appropriate way. Let’s find out certain aspects of website auditing and how it can prove to be beneficial to run a business successfully.
1) Conversion rates or Sales: Through website audits we thoroughly examine each detailed page of your product, to minimize errors and maximum profit. Strategic planning and accurate implementation while auditing, can however, lead the website to increased conversions for a higher ROI on your marketing dollars.
2) SEO: Good SEO always focuses on providing the best user experiences followed by pleasing of the search engine. A good website audit will have the capability to evaluate the SEO and identify how it overlaps with user experience so that you can balance out both and make your users as well as search engines are happy.
3) Enhanced Usability: Overly complicated design, cluttering of information and busy webpages can be a turndown for your website which cannot yield much results. If your website is not clear with the message, the visitors may leave and never return. A website audit can help you simplify your website in terms of design, structure, function and content after identifying what works best with the visitors.
4) Content Strength: If you have strong content on your website, the search engines and users come back again to your website. Auditing your content can help in understanding the type of content users like and how they would like to view it. (in the form of images, info graphics, videos, articles etc) Auditing can help you decide a content strategy for your website or blog which focuses on what the users want specifically and how to increase rankings with search engines as a result of good content.
5) Reduce Returns and increase Profitability: Through website audits, we eliminate errors in the product listings. This in tern reduces the returns because we pass on accurate information on the product, thus increasing profitability.
Website auditing is done in order to spot the necessary changes or errors to rectify them and to make the website strong enough for an online competition with the rival brands. If you haven’t had a brand or website SEO audit recently, now is the time! Just contact us or schedule a meeting